"They say if you fall, someone who loves you will lend a hand for you, here I have 8 pairs of hands, always ready to hold me back up when I stumble backwards" —Jessica
Jessica Sooyoun Jung (Hangul: 정수연; born April 18, 1989), better known by her first name Jessica, is an American singer-songwriter, actress, fashion designer, businesswoman, and model, presently based in South Korea. Jung was a member of K-pop girl group, Girls' Generation, as one of the main vocalists from the group's debut on August 5, 2007 until September 30, 2014. Jessica had to leave SNSD, due to schedule conflicts, her sole focus at the time being on her fashion business, Blanc & Eclare. Jessica made her solo singing debut, under Coridel Entertainment, with the lead single, "Fly" featuring Fabulous and released her first solo album, "With love, J" in May 2016.
Jessica Jung, known less commonly by her Korean name, Jung Soo-yeon, was born on April 18, 1989 in San Francisco, California, USA, to South Korean parents who settled in America in the 1980's. The then 11-year-old Jessica and her sister Krystal (who is five and a half years younger than Jessica), were discovered during a vacation in South Korea by S.M. Entertainment staff in 2000. Jessica would eventually officially join S.M. after auditioning for the entertainment company in the same year. She was a trainee under the company until her debut in the girl group, Girls' Generation in 2007. Jessica attended Korean Kent Foreign School, as a teenager, alongside former fellow member, Tiffany, who was also born in the same hospital as her.
Jessica's younger sister, Krystal Jung, is a singer and actress, best known for being a member of the South Korea based girl group F(x), under S.M. Entertainment.
Career from August 2007 until September 2014 Edit
Jessica was a member of Girls' Generation from August 2007 until September 2014, she was the group's second oldest member after the leader, Taeyeon, and the second main vocalist. Aside from being a group singer, she also did solo singing and collaborated with members for songs, an example is the song, "Love Hate", which has her vocals as well as those of former fellow members, Seohyun and Tiffany. Jessica appeared in variety shows and also had and still does have an acting career, she has appeared in dramas and musicals, such as Legally Blonde, Wild Romance and Oh! My Lady. As well as promoting for her and her fellow groups singles and albums, Jessica has promoted and modeled for many companies such as Casio Baby G Watches and the LG Chocolate Phone. Jessica and her sister Krystal, were the main cast on a reality tv show focusing on them called, Jessica & Krystal, in 2014. The show consisted of 10 episodes.
Jessica is well known for her soft, nasal, high pitched light lyric Sophrano singing voice.
October 2014-present Edit
In September 2014, Jessica Jung had to leave Girls' Generation due to S.M. feeling that she could not balance both the commitments of being a member of the group and a businesswoman with priorities on her fashion business. Jung established her fashion business, Blanc & Eclare, in 2014. On August 6th 2015, it was confirmed that Jessica Jung left S.M. Entertainment, who still managed her solo activities after her leave from Girls' Generation. In February 2016, Jung signed an exclusive contract to join the record label, Coridel Entertainment, from which she released her first official solo single, "Fly" with an accompanying music video and first solo album, "With Love, J", in May 2016. She also released the single, "Love Me The Same" with a music video.
In 2015, Jessica took part in a Chinese sports reality show called "YES Coach". She participated in a swimming competition, trained by Chinese professional swimmer, Sun Yang. She also appeared on the Singaporean talk show, "The 5 Show" where she briefly spoke about her business, Blanc & Eclare. In 2015, Jessica played the lead female character in the Chinese movie, I Love That Crazy Little Thing, that was released in August 2016 and portrayed the fictional agent of Stephon Marbury, in a Chinese autobiographical film based on the life of basketballer Stephon Marbury, called "My Other Home", that was released in December 2016.
On December 31, 2015, Jessica Jung released a nine-minute video called "Gravity", the video has a cover of the song "Gravity" by Sarah Bareilles and an interview from Jessica, she also acts out being an S.M. trainee as well as a designer. The video was released as part of a promo campaign for Chinese magazine, Grazia.
On December 9, 2016, Jessica released her third solo single, "Wonderland" with an accompanying music video and her second album also named Wonderland.
In August 2017, Jessica released the single Summer Storm, on her tenth anniversary as a singer.
Personal Life Edit
In May 2016, Jessica revealed that she is dating Coridel Entertainment CEO, Tyler Kwon, whom she has been in a relationship with since 2013.
- Stage Name: Jessica (제시카).
- Real Name: Jessica Jung (제시카정).
- Korean Name: Jung Soo-yeon (정수연).
- Nicknames: Ice Princess, Sica, Sicachu.
- Birthdate: April 18, 1989.
- Horoscope: Aries.
- Birthplace: San Francisco, California, United States of America.
- Blood Type: B.
- Height: 163cm.
- Weight: 46 kg.
- Religion: Christian.
- Siblings: Sister (Krystal).
- Education: Korea Kent Foreign School.
- Languages: Korean (Fluent), Chinese (Basic), Japanese (Basic), English(Fluent).
- Hobbies: Boxing, Soccer.
- Speciality: Piano, English.
- Hates: Cucumbers.
- Favorite food: Chocolate Ice Cream.
- Favorite fashion: A Simple White T-Shirt with Denim.
- Makeup point: Lips.
- Motto: Follow my heart ..
- Personality: Sweet natured, likes to joke, polite, blunt, shy, friendly.
- Name Meaning: Jessica means 'rich, God beholds' in Hebrew, whilst Soo-yeon means 'beauty' and 'luxury' in Korean.
- [2008.05.08] Haptic Motion (햅틱모션) (Dong Bang Shin Ki & Jessica, Yoona, Tiffany)
- [2008.08.01] Mabinogi (It's Fantastic!) (Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun)
- [2010.10.13] Sweet Delight
- [2011.05.18] Romance Town OST Part.2 (로맨스 타운)
- [2012.01.19] Wild Romance OST Part.2 (난폭한 로맨스) (Jessica & JP)
- [2013.07.02] Dating Agency: Cyrano OST (연애조작단; 시라노)
Compilations / Other Edit
- [2008.04.07] Roommate 1st 'Oppa Nappa' (#1 Jessica, Tiffany and Seo Hyun - Oppa Nappa)
- [2008.06.20] 8eight - I Love You feat. So Nyuh Shi Dae Jessica
- [2009.07.13] Olympic Duet Song Festival (#5 MyeongKa Drive (Park Myung Soo and Jessica) - Cool Noodles)
-  PYL Younique Album - My Lifestyle
-  Unstoppable Marriage (cameo)
-  Tae Hee, Hye Kyo, Ji Hyun (cameo)
-  Oh! My Lady (cameo)
-  Wild Romance
-  Cute Honey, Mini Musical
-  We Got Married Season 1
-  Strong Heart
-  Happy Birthday
- [2010-2013] Running Man
- [2011-2013] Strong Heart
-  Jessica & Krystal
- [2007.10.25] Kim Jo Han - "Love Is Late, I'm Sorry"
- [2009.09.28] Super Junior-M - "Super Girl"
- [2012.03.19] SHINee - "Sherlock (Clue + Note)"
- [2009.11.14 - 2010.03.14] Legally Blonde (The Musical) - Elle Woods
-  Anycall Haptic (with TVXQ!)
- [2013.06.03] 7th The Musical Awards: Popularity Award - Legally Blonde
- [2014.12.09] Yahoo Asia Buzz Awards - Most Searched Korean Female Artist
- [2014.12.23] Sohu Fashion Awards - Asian Fashion Icon
| To view the Jessica gallery, click here.